David Finkel's Wealth Blog: Quick Negotiating Tips

Monday, April 03, 2006

Quick Negotiating Tips

Hi everyone.

I hope you had a great weekend. I was talking with a friend of mine about a deal he was negotiating and I had a couple of "aha's" about negotiating deals that I wanted to share:

1) consider shifting the discussion from "Price" as a dollar amount to the indirect ways you can talk about price:
  • "I'm not sure what a fair discount percentage is off the full amount we've been talking through" (where "full amount" was already a lower number you had negotiated down to.)

  • "What do you think that the cap rate for a property like this should really be?" (cap rate affects price, the higher it is, the lower the price, the lower it it the higher the price)
The point is that by talking about money in non money, indirect terms you lower the resistance to getting the number lower.

I hope this helps and make sure to check back later this week for more updates.

David

P.S. Thanks to those of you who have made the release of my new book such a success, "The Real Estate Fast Track: How to Create a $5,000 to $50,000 Real Estate Cash Flow".

If you have a moment, could you post a review up on AMazon? Share whatever you really think about the book and the bonus website that comes with it. Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home